Monday, May 7, 2012

Heading North

I left Caretaker Farm today....in my new car
It is a Subaru Legacy from 1994.  It has pretty low kilometers for the year and I got it for $1650 New Zealand dollars.  I hitched to the car market in Auckland on Sunday and found this.  I like it because I like Subarus and because I can sleep in it.  The reason I bought a car because I feel like I will see a lot more.  Hitch hiking was fine when I needed something but I wouldn't do it probably just to go see something - that is just my personality you could hitch hike all over New Zealand if you wanted too.  Anyways I left my first farm today here are some photos to share
Me with my wwoofer host Audrey

This is me with my roommate Kiwa - probably one of the nicest people I have ever met
This is the progress we made on the bread oven with a couple of friends

The boyz

This was the kitten Zeus
Tonight I am leaving the town of Warkworth to Whangarei for my next farm.  Tonight I am going to camp because I still haven't tried out the new tent that I bought before I left.  I am excited.  I am also just getting a little time to explore and that will be fun too.  Much love!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks great Mel! Glad you are having fun! Now that you have your car you can go anywhere and have adventures! Good luck with your next farm! I've been enjoying reading your blog!